Wednesday, August 26, 2009

宇多田+貞本様+大友先生!! Utada + Sadamoto the Great + Otomo sensei!!

まず、宇多田ヒカルへのメッセージを言いたいです。
First of all, I'd like to say a message to Utada Hikaru.

Dear Hikki, 

If you're reading this blog, I just want you to know that this time you've really got my attention more than any other J-Pop idols I've known in my entire life. Because I never realized that you like to read manga and you enjoy watching anime. Besides that, your song 'Beautiful World' is included in the anime movie 'Evangelion 1.0: You are (Not) alone' and... 'Evangelion 2.0: You can (Not) Advance'. Well... just to let you know, I'm a crazy ass fan of Evangelion because of character designs by my idol manga artist/character designer/illustrator, Sadamoto Yoshiyuki sama. Because of him, I've regained my dreams and ambitions after I've given them up once. And I swear to God that I will never give them up ever again...

And because of your music/songs, I've realized that my strongest way to find inspirations for drawing (to prevent Artist's Blocks) is to get a headset and listen to whatever songs I have on my iPod, close my eyes and draw as I listen. It's just like taking ecstasy or taking drugs... but much better.

Depending on what song I listen to, I can translate them into illustrations.

And about the music video 'Kiss & Cry'... it looks more like the character designs we're done by Otomo Katsuhiro, the guy who did 'Akira'... Sorry if I didn't notice it from the start. But it's better late than never anyway. Besides, I was busy preparing for entering an Academy where I'm studying Illustration course. By the way, for the application, I've dried drawing a picture of you... and I sucked... That's why I can do a Manga Style Caricature (MSC) of you instead. Which can be viewed in my deviantART gallery HERE. To be honest, I wasn't satisfied with the way it turns out. So I've decided to do another one... someday... hopefully...

And I never realized that you like to read (almost) the same manga series as I do which includes Hokuto no Ken, Ranma 1/2, Black Jack, Slam Dunk, Vagabond (truth be told, I haven't read the rest of the volumes yet), etc... At first, I didn't seem to believe in what I've just read about your favorite manga but now... I've choose to believe as I want to believe in myself for my future.

Speaking of future, I hope that one day, I will do a project with you. Maybe do an album cover design for you, do an animated music video with my character designs and illustrations (perhaps with the anime caricature of you in it) and so on. Plus, I want to give song writing a try once again (I've got Aki, my trusty red acoustic guitar and Mayuko, my lovable Macbook Pro).

I also want to do the same thing(s) for other artists and bands one day. Not just for money... but also for passion.

Id like to say, thank you for the inspiration and motivation I might need to move on. And one day, I want to be a professional manga artist, character designer, illustrator and animator in Tokyo... Just like Sadamoto sama. And one day, I'll be praised by many artists and celebrities for what I do. And just like you did both English and Japanese songs in Japan and America, I want to do comics for both Japan and America as well. Because I'm also a fan of Marvel and DC Comics.

When we meet someday, let's have a project proposal. So please check out my DeviantART page and have a look at my art gallery.

-Kuroi Kai

PS - My Dad also plays Dr. Mario and Tetris... FYI.


さてと、「Kiss & Cry」というミュージック・ビデオについて・・・。
Well then, about the music video "Kiss & Cry".

これは2007年のミュージック・ビデオなんですね。
This is a music video from 2007, isn't it.

全く。僕はその時、とても忙しかったから、何も知らないんですよ。
My goodness. At that time, because I was so busy, I didn't know anything.

わっ。このキャラクターは「アキラ」のテツオのみたい。
Wow. This character reminded me of Tetsuo of "AKIRA".
このキャラクターは金田みたい。
This character looks like Kaneda.
まっ まさか・・・。あの女性は・・・。
C-could it be... That girl...
大友克洋先生のスタイルの宇多田ヒカルの風刺画(カリカチュア)ですか?
A caricature of Utada Hikaru in a style of Otomo Katsuhiro sensei?

・・・・・・。
...........

じゃないでしょう。
Or maybe not.

真に、僕は今、風刺画も好きです。
To be honest, I also like caricature now.

風刺画を見れば見るほど、好きになりますよ。
The more you observe Caricature, the more you like it.

皆さん!「Kiss & Cry」と言うミュージック・ビデオを見て下さい。とても最高なんだよ!!
Everyone! Please have a look at the music video "Kiss & Cry". It's very AWESOME!!

「Beautiful World」と言うミュージック・ビデオも見て下さい。
Also watch the music video "Beautiful World".

ヱヴァンゲリヲンなんだよ!!
It's Evangelion!!

僕の好きなアニメ!!
My favorite anime!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

... ...

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Sites